Bo Spitler called meeting to order at 9:00 am. Those attending were B. Spitler, J. Dunson, P. Wilkinson, R. Cosey, C. Olsen, P. Decker, R. Spitler
1. There has been no contact with the Corps since the last meeting.
2. The Power company reworked the road from the hard surface to the Olsens after their job on the power line. Job was handled in very professional manner and RE-CON can be well pleased with the results. C. Olsen, R. Dunson and J. Dunson were the main contacts and did a fine job. $400 was spent grading the other roads with $2000 being spent on added gravel.
3. Due to VP’s resignation, Jeff and Bo will seek a new candidate.
4. Jeff has suggested modifying By-Laws to change number of Board members from 7 to 5. He also suggested a change that would include having a non-land owner be eligible for RE-CON office or the Board of Directors. Both items to be discussed at July stockholders meeting.
5. Treasurers report was submitted and approved.
6. Jeff has obtained a debit card for RE-CON due to difficulty in obtaining fans with cash or check.
7. Jeff read a letter from Hamilton family concerning Ebbi Hamiltions passing. P. Wilkinson updated board at pavilion. Thanks also to P.Decker for flowers at entrance, and Bo, Jeff, and Ron for installing fans.
8. Fireworks will be different this year. RE-CON has been fortunate that no injuries or legal problems have arisen in the past. Therefore individuals wanting to see fireworks should bring them to the pavilion, and a group will lite them at dark. No money will be collected.
9. In some of the past years a pig, chickens, and shrimp have been provided by RE-CON for the July 4th meal. Due to tight finances this year, we will have the normal bring your own meats (pot luck for vegetables and dessert). But next year it is planned to provide the meat. Jeffs son-in-law will be doing the cooking.
10. This is a reminder that a boat license is required for many this year. On the RE-CON website are directions for North Carolina and Virginia requirements.
11.Harold and Mildred Rouse have had many health issues recently, and we all wish them a speedy recovery.
12.A reminder that anyone driving a jet ski or boat in Dunsons cove should be especially careful for swimmers. Also no 4 wheelers or trailers are to be on the beach area. RE-CON is down to 6 serviceable recliners for the beach, and those wanting a recliner may want to bring their own.
13.The next Board and Stockholders meeting is July 6th at 9:00am. With no further business the meeting was adjourned at 9:45.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.